Ezelpoort

When the city walls were constructed in 1297, the Ezelpoort was also built. 72 years later, in 1369, it was rebuilt and several changes followed until the 17th century.

Eventually, the upper structure was demolished, while the lower gate was preserved all this time. In 1906, the gate was thoroughly restored.

The last restoration took place in 1991-1993. Today, the Ezelpoort houses the Bruges Anima Eterna orchestra.

Location

Ezelstraat 122
8000 Bruges

Around destination: 4km